LAST FLAG FLYING MOVIE TICKET GIVEAWAY PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Who Can Enter?
1. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
2. The LAST FLAG FLYING MOVIE TICKET GIVEAWAY (“Promotion”) commences on 9 April 2018 and closes at 11:59pm, 22 April 2018 AEST (“Promotional Period”).
How To Enter
3. To enter, individuals must complete and submit an entry form at www.bestwestern.com.au/lastflagflying during the Promotional Period.
4. To enter the Promotion, entrants must use ten (10) words or less to answer the question: ‘What is your ultimate road trip destination and who would be your companion?’.
5. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
6. Entries that are incomplete, incorrect or illegible will be deemed invalid.
7. Entrants must have a residential address in Australia.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
Prizes and Judging
10. This is a game of skill.
11. To be eligible for entry in the judging, participants must use no more than ten (10) words to answer the question: ‘What is your ultimate road trip destination and who would be your companion?’.
12. Twenty-five (25) winners of the competition will each receive one (1) double pass cinema ticket to ‘Last Flag Flying’ to redeem at Australian cinemas only.
13. Total prize pool is to the value of $1,000. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize cannot be taken as cash.
14. The winners will be judged based on creativity of entry on Monday, 23 April 2018 at Level 11, 213 Miller Street, North Sydney. The twenty-five (25) most creative entries will each win a prize. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Winners will be notified by email or phone within 2 business days of the draw and will be published on www.bestwestern.com.au.
16. Prizes will be posted by mail to each winner. Winners must provide a mailing address to receive the prize.
17. You are only eligible to win one prize. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw a prize if there are no eligible entrants to receive that prize.
18. Each LAST FLAG FLYING double pass cinema ticket is valid from 25 April 2018, at participating cinemas only. Expiry date is subject to local participating cinema film scheduling. Passes can be redeemed for 2 adult cinema tickets at all participating cinemas. See back of tickets for full terms.
19. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take and/or redeem a prize at or by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited. If a prize remains unclaimed after five (5) business days, further judging of remaining entries will take place on 30 April 2018 at the same place as the original judging, subject to any directions from State and Territory regulatory authorities. Winners will be notified by email within 2 business days of the unclaimed prize draw.
20. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
21. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
22. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
23. Any cost associated with entering the competition is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
27. The promoter is the Motel Federation of Australia Limited, trading as Best Western Australasia (ABN 33 000 237 141) Level 11, 213 Miller St, North Sydney, 2060, New South Wales, Australia. Phone: +61 2 8913 3300.