Everyone loves paying a little bit less for a great holiday. Whether you love beaches, dense rainforest, shopping or theme parks with the kids, we know you need a little bit of help getting there (and saving money along the way!). Here’s seven tips to help you find a cheap hotel deal any time of the year.
- Book early. The earlier you book, the more you’ll save. Best Western offers advance purchase rates, which, if booked a certain number of days in advance, you’ll usually save at least 10% off the standard Flexible Rate.
- Share the cost. If you’re travelling as a group or with kids, it could be worthwhile splitting a family room, or if you want more privacy, an apartment. They’re usually only a fraction more expensive than queen or double rooms, and give you cooking facilities as well.
- Arrive on two wheels. If you ride a Harley motorcycle and are a member of the Harley Owners Group, HOG members can get a 10% discount on each stay at one of Best Western’s 80 Rider-Friendly® hotels in Australia and New Zealand.
- Stay on a Sunday. For many city hotels, prices are always cheaper on a Sunday night. If the hotel is having a quiet weekend, the prices will be lower again which is a win if you’re travelling during off-peak season.
- Add a new loyalty program. If you’re already a member of one hotel loyalty program, you can join Best Western Rewards and enjoy the same level of perks. For example, Best Western’s Status Match… No Catch® lets you sign up for free and matches your membership to the same elite status you’ve already earned with another loyalty program.
- Get active on social media. Follow hotels and big brands on Facebook, Twitter or even Instagram for deals. Some hotels offer a special ‘Facebook’ deal of the day if you call by a certain time and book direct. Follow Best Western Australasia on Facebook for stories, deals, beautiful destination images and more.
- Sign up to newsletters. Special promotions and packages are often released first to our database, giving them the opportunity to snap up specials in peak times.
Have you found any other tips for cheap hotel deals? Would you like to suggestion one?
This article was revised 2 March, 2015.